Hello readers, :)
As promised I'm trying my hardest to get my blog back on track. I know recipes days were Thursday but till I get my bearings straight let's go by the day shall we :D
So I'm starting off with the oldest recipe I have.
" NEW ORLEANS CHICKEN "
THIS basically made me fall in love with cooking. I've made it COUNTLESS times now, half of them have been for my brother only LOL.
It's extremely easy, quick and super delicious without any special ingredients.
It's a favourite at our place. I would love for you all to try and give me feedbacks and also share. :D
I would also love to give credits to the original owner but I honestly don't remember where I got it from, it's like that old , have added 2 extra ingredients to the recipe which I think was needed to customise it to our palates.
I've also written that it's a TGIF copycat recipe but I'm not too sure about the authenticity.
Anyways.. have an amazing weekend you guys, and do try this, it will seriously blow you away :)
Dr. Mom Chef xx
Here's what you need,
For 2 breast fillets cut in Julian style.
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
*For egg mixture:
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- Flour (maida) 4-5 tbsp heaped
- Salt 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Mustard powder 1/2 tsp
- Ajinomoto 1/2 tsp
- Breadcrumbs 3 tbsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- White pepper 1/4 tsp
- Marinate chicken for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the egg mixture in a separate bowl and keep it aside.
- Prepare the batter by mixing everything together.
- Heat oil in a pan to fry.
- One by one dip chicken pieces in egg mixture first then lavishly coat in the dry batter, and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve with fries, sauces or dips and Enjoy! :)
P.s. Don't forget to like our official Facebook page.