Friday 26 August 2016

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD : A REVIEW

Hello readers!
So SHARE IT! SATURDAYS was suffering a bit due to my busy schedule.. but this week I'm. Back with something that's really close to my heart. :)
I've been a potterhead since the first book came out. like so.many belonging to my generation, Harry Potter is literally my childhood. I grew up with it.
The excitement of getting hands on a new part was nothing but a solid adrenaline rush.
And when it ended I wished I could "obliviate" myself and re read it again and again.
So you can imagine how it must've felt when an EIGHT BOOK was announced.
People were all crazy after it.. booming pre orders and what not.
But me.. I waited a little.. ordered late. . Didn't kept my expectations high.
As expected after a day the Internet went crazy. Headlines such as JK ROWLING owes us a book were plastered all over social media. The biggest let down people had? It's a script not a book.
Well... no offence guys but it says so. . On the cover page.

My review of HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD :

I read it literally like a script.. With a movie playing in my mind.. and so it worked for me.
Yes the book lacks Rowlings touch. . Those pages long descriptions of scenes and emotions. Those character sketches.. ofcourse it's not the same.. but we were wrong to expect it to be in the first place.
The story itself is pretty interesting. The new characters are strong and original.
Yes there were a few loopholes.. A few parts unexplained. (Looking at you polyjuice potion) but it did justice to old characters as far as I'm concerned. Call me bias.. but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I don't know about you guys.. but I would rather fancy this being turned into a movie... I mean the script is right there guys. :D

The potterhead in me is in forever denial.. and will always be hoping for a new book, but yes this did satisfy the years long craving.
On a scale of 1 - 10 I will rate it a 7.5.
Read it guys... trust me it's not as bad as it's made out to be.

Until next time.
Regards,
Dr. Mom Chef xx

Follow us on our official Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. The books of the original Harry Potter series has been awesome but this has not been projected to meet their calibre. I will give this a read and share my reviews.

    ReplyDelete