Thursday 19 May 2016

SUMMERY PEACH COBBLER

Hello readers!
I know I've been mia for much of my posts... my baby was again unwell.. and then I caught the dreaded flu. Hopefully we get a break from all these viruses now. Pray for us <3
So... moving on, today is TASTY THURSDAYS on my blog and I decided to hunt down some summery fruits for this beauty. And I found PEACHES! The fruit that screams summer... :D
I always wanted to try my hand at a cobbler.. but seeing different recipes online i decided to mix a few.. experiment, so you don't have to.. and give you the perfect Peach cobbler recipe which is easy yet absolutely delicious :)
Recipe is below as usual.. hope my readers enjoy and give me feedback.
And for this Saturday I have a very different and fun venture to talk about so don't miss it :)
Have a wonderful weekend ahead everyone and take care and stay hydrated in this blistering heat.
Much love!
Regards,
Dr. Mom Chef xx

DISCLAIMER: THIS is a sweet dish.. and so is meethi. . Please adjust sugar according to your preference in the peach mixture. I would suggest start with half cup of sugar and increase according to taste.

INGREDIENTS:

- 6-8 fresh, ripe peaches (about 5 cups), peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (about 1 minute in the microwave will do)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornflour

METHOD:

- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.

- Pour melted butter in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

- In a medium sized bowl sift together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add in 1 cup milk and stir just until all ingredients are combined. Pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT STIR.

- In a large saucepan, combine sliced peaches,1 tablespoon cornflour, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour the peach mixture evenly over the batter. DO NOT STIR.

- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

- Cool slightly before serving.

- Serving suggestions: Ice cream (vanilla)

*NOTE:
- One option for modifying this recipe to make it less sweet is to use 1/2 cup of sugar in peaches. ( I recommend using half cup initially and tasting in increasing to taste)

- The order is correct. Butter, batter, peaches. During baking, the batter rises above the peaches!

- I used salted butter, made no difference.
- The batter will be runny, don't worry.

Enjoy xx

1 comment: