Saturday 19 March 2016

TWO MUST HAVE Kitchen products for emergency situations.

Hey guys! It's Share it! Saturdays on my blog today. This week was extra busy and tiring for me.. tending to my flu ridden little one, dawat at my place, guests and blog duties took the toll on me.
Things have started improving for me now Alhamdulilaah :) keep my family in your prayers. xx
Now during this week.. I had guests who came unexpectedly and it got me wondering that one should stock up on certain items in case of these surprise guests. And so I decided to review two products which are great for emergency situations and also saves alot of time.
These are Must haves, in my humble opinion.
My first product review is just about that :)
The second review is about one of my favourite products, it lessens the load for sure and saves time.
Hope you guys will love the reviews and feel free to let me know about other must try products.
Have a good weekend you all! And pray for our team today ;)
Regards,
Dr. Mom Chef xx
1) Crispy fried chicken mix by KNORR:
Now.. mostly I'm not a fan of these ready to eat masalas. But just on an impulse I bought a pack of this fried chicken mix. The image looked tempting on the cover.. but then, the reality is never close right? WRONG. I had unexpected guests over and I decided to go for it. Every household has chicken lying around, so I followed the packet instructions and just before frying the lot, fried a test piece to taste so I could make changes as I assumed it would be bland or missing something. I was so wrong... It tasted extremely good... very very close to KFC. The chicken was juicy and the taste had seeped in. The coating was perfect.
Needless to say.. The guests loved it and the day was saved! :D
Must try atleast and I'm sure after trying it you guys will have a pack or two in the kitchen for such emergencies.
Couldn't take a pic after frying as I rushed the plate to guests. :)
Note: I followed the exact instructions, only I used the packet for chicken which was less than a kilo, it was just towards a little spicy side because of it.. but this only added to the charm ;)



2) Freshmate Raita mix by freshmate:
Now I'll be honest, haven't tried any other freshmate products before.. but on a whim I picked this up while grocery shopping. And I haven't made raita any other way since then. Love the flavour and freshness. And it's extremely pocket friendly. Especially useful for the mint raita flavour as I always had trouble storing mint but this is perfect. Saves me alot of time and effort. This is also available in zeera and chatpata flavour. . Although haven't tried the chatpatta. . Love the zeera one too.
Have now seen multiple companies making such mixes, haven't tried any other as yet but good initiative.
Hopefully you guys will love it too as much as I do. Nonetheless it's best to keep one handy just in case.
NOTE: some people find the taste a little stronger so add a little first and keep increasing according to taste. The zeera is mellow-er than the podina.



This is not a promotional post. Although this is a PR friendly blog. You can contact me on aban.najam@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment